- Step 1: Fill cooler halfway Fill the cooler about halfway with water and ice.
- Step 2: Pour in salt Pour in about two cups of salt—preferably rock salt if you have it—and mix it well into the ice water.
- TIP: If you don’t have rock or table salt, any kind, like kosher or sea salt, will do.
- Step 3: Submerge cans in cooler Submerge the cans in the cooler.
- TIP: Gently move around the cans in the water to chill them evenly.
- Step 4: Rinse can & enjoy Wait three minutes, rinse a can to clean off the salty water, then pop the top and enjoy your ice-cold beverage!
- FACT: The saying 'mind your P’s and Q’s' is believed to have originated in British pubs, referring to pints and quarts of beer.
You Will Need
- Cooler or container
- Some water
- Lots of ice
- 2 c. Salt
- preferably rock salt
- Six-pack of your choice